The City of Vaughan is one of the fastest growing Cities in the GTA.
Vaughan is a city in York Region, Ontario, Canada. It is north of Toronto. Vaughan was the fastest-growing municipality in Canada between 1996 and 2006, achieving a population growth rate of 80.2% according to Statistics Canada, having nearly doubled in population since 1991. It is the fifth-largest city in the Greater Toronto Area, and the 17th largest city in Canada.
There are six communities that make up the city of Vaughan. They are commonly seen today to extend to areas far beyond their original sites that encompass lesser-known communities in turn.
- Woodbridge: North/South – Teston/Steeles, East/West – Hwy 400/Hwy 50
- Vaughan Metropolitan Centre: North/South – Hwy 7/Steeles, East/West – Hwy 400/Jane
- Maple: North/South – King Vaughan Line/Rutherford, East/West – Bathurst/Hwy 400
- Thornhill: North/South – Hwys. 7 and 407 (or, to some, as far north as Teston for the area west of Bathurst) /Steeles, East/West – Yonge/Dufferin
- Concord: North/South – Rutherford/Steeles, East/West – Bathurst/Hwy 400
- Kleinburg: North/South – King Vaughan Line/Major Mac, East/West – Hwy 400/Hwy 50
- Canada’s Wonderland, Canada’s largest amusement park, located in Maple
- Vaughan Mills, a large shopping mall opened in 2004
- Reptilia Zoo and Education Centre
- McMichael Canadian Art Collection, located in Kleinburg
- Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame and Museum